Today’s quick and easy weeknight meal comes from… no surprise here… Jamie Oliver’s new cookbook, 5 Ingredients: Quick & Easy Food. As I mentioned before, I’ll share a couple of recipes, but I highly recommend you purchase the book because there are so many healthy, fast, and tasty recipes.
This recipe combines several things that can be found in stores now. Most people still have access to decent tomatoes, so it is a good time to make this! Don’t forget to use good quality ingredients for a good quality final product!
One other tip. You can use leftover sweet potatoes from the night before and this recipe will take you about 10 minutes. That’s what we did and it worked well!
Sweet Potato Salad with Feta
Time: 10 minutes (1 hour and 10 minutes if you need to bake the sweet potatoes)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ripe tomatoes (Mixed-colors if you can find them. ~ 500g)
- 4 spring onions/scallions
- a couple of handfuls of arugula
- Feta cheese (at least 40 grams. I used closer to 80)
- olive oil, wine vinegar
- Bake the sweet potatoes for an hour at 350 F (180 C), if needed.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, finely slice the spring onions, and combine the two in a bowl with a splash of wine vinegar and a Tablespoon of olive oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and toss again.
- Slice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and divide between two plates. Divide the arugula, tomato, and onion mix between the two plates. Either pile this on top of the potatoes or lightly toss them as you plate them. Crumble the feta on top. Add additional pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
This really is so simple and delicious. You wouldn’t think the flavors would go together, but it just works!
I’m still having some trouble with the mailing list at the moment. I’ll try to have it back up and running as soon as possible. In the meantime, be sure to check back often for new posts!