This is the 15th recipe in the Freezer Meals series.
This is a great variation for a breakfast casserole that can either be baked entirely or prepared first on the stove then moved to the oven like a frittata.
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 3-4 ounces smoked salmon, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- olive oil, butter, or oil of choice
- freezer safe baking dish
- Crack all the eggs in a bowl.
- Whisk and add the herbs and spices before whisking again.
- Pour the mixture into your freezer safe baking dish.
- Drop the salmon around in the pan. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but you don’t want it all clumped together.
- Spoon out (or use your fingers) and drop the cream cheese around in the pan. Again, you don’t want it all clumped together, but it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let it cool completely before covering it with labelled foil and placing it in the freezer. Since it is fully cooked, just include the recipe name, the date, and note that it is fully cooked so you just need to reheat it.
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday for a new Freezer Meal!
If you want to make sure you never miss a post, sign up for the Crossroad Health Newsletter on the right side of this page (under the photo). You’ll only receive e-mails when a new post is up and your e-mail address is never shared. Be sure you check your inbox after signing up, as you’ll need to confirm that you actually subscribed.
Be sure to follow food safety guidelines when freezing and thawing food. Ensuring your freezer is at the proper temperature is one of the most important steps in storing food. You can find more information here if you have any questions.