I invented this salad a few weeks ago when I had some random ingredients in the kitchen and needed to combine them into something tasty. They manage to come together to form something surprising but delicious. I have made it several times since then. I buy smoked salmon at Aldi here in Germany because it is affordable, good quality, and doesn’t have any added sweeteners.
- arugula or other lettuce (I used mache)
- smoked salmon, torn or cut into bite-sized pieces
- avocado, sliced
- blueberries (you could use raspberries or cherries)
- toasted pecans or walnuts (you can toast these yourself with a bit of salt and butter in a pan beforehand if you want)
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh dill, if desired
- Layer the arugula, salmon, avocado, blueberries, and nuts on a plate or in a bowl. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top, and sprinkle on the fresh dill and a bit of salt, if desired.