This is the twelfth post in the Freezer Meals series. If you want to make sure you never miss a post, sign up for the Crossroad Health Newsletter on the right side of this page (under the photo). You’ll only receive e-mails when a new post is up and your e-mail address is never shared. Be sure you check your inbox after signing up, as you’ll need to confirm that you actually subscribed.
Today’s recipe is for a healthy fudge recipe that contains lots of healthy fats and is easy to throw together. The original recipe came from this site. It is easy to freeze and you can just remove a few at a time as needed.
- 1 cup smooth, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut oil (If you don’t love the coconut oil taste then use refined coconut oil), warmed until liquid
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Mix the peanut butter and the coconut oil together until smooth.
- Remove one cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl….
- … and stir well to combine.
- Pour into a greased dish of your choice.
- Slowly pour on the cup of peanut butter mix you set aside in the beginning. You can swirl it around to make a nice design.
- Place the dish in the freezer until well set (at least an hour).
- You can cut this into squares and freeze it in a freezer bag to make things easier. Be sure to label it with the recipe name and date.
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday for a new freezer meal!