For our next quick and easy weeknight meal I have another recipe that comes from Jamie Oliver’s new cookbook, 5 Ingredients: Quick & Easy Food. As I mentioned before, I’ll share a couple of recipes, but I highly recommend you purchase the book because there are so many healthy, fast, and tasty recipes.
This recipe does call for cooked lentils, so if you’re looking to stay under the 20 minutes you’ll want to either buy packaged, cooked lentils (these supposedly exist?) or batch cook earlier in the week and use them for a few recipes. I cooked mine the day before in some vegetable broth and they worked great! I also doubled the recipe so we would have leftovers for the next night (note: the recipe below is not doubled).
Pancetta-Wrapped Cod with Spinach and Lentils
Time: 18-20 minutes
- 8 slices of pancetta (or another amount, depending on your fish shape and size). You’ll need less if they are the circular “rolled” pancetta slices frequently found in the US.
- 2 cod filets (or other white fish, skin off and de-boned)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- cooked lentils
- spinach (fresh or frozen)
- Sprinkle fish with pepper and wrap with pancetta. Place on non-stick frying pan on medium heat and cook about 8 minutes (turning as needed) until cooked through. Add the rosemary for the last 2 minutes.
- Set the fish on a plate and warm up the lentils in the fish pan (ideally with a splash of red wine or apple cider vinegar). You can supposedly push the lentils to the side of the pan and heat up the spinach on the other side of the pan. That was a bit too much multitasking for me so I just cooked my frozen spinach in a different pan with some butter, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the cod on top of the lentils and spinach, place the rosemary on top, and drizzle with a little olive oil if desired.
I’m having some trouble with the mailing list at the moment. I’ll try to have it back up and running as soon as possible. In the meantime, be sure to check back often for new posts!