I love fried okra, but I don’t love having fried, greasy, breaded things all the time. Luckily, my parents made us some oven baked okra when we were staying with them and it was excellent! They shared with us the recipe so I’m passing it along to you. The okra, even though it is unbreaded and baked, still comes out crispy! If you love fried okra, you should definitely try this!
Oven Baked Okra
- Fresh whole okra (Use as much as you would like. It never ends up being as much as you think, so get a little extra.)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Rinse and dry okra.
- Slice the okra into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the okra in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil to coat. Add some salt (you can always add more later, but give it a good salting now).
- Spread the okra out on a baking sheet and bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes (depending on how much okra you’re using). It should look slightly browned and almost crispy. Feel free to cook longer if needed, just watch it so it doesn’t burn.
- You can also turn the oven to broil for a few minutes to get it nice and crispy. When you’re finished it will look like this:
- Add any additional salt, if needed, and enjoy your crispy, oven-baked okra!