This granola is packed with healthy fats and protein and happens to be grain free, dairy free, low-ish carb, and vegan. It isn’t full of sugar and is full of nutrition while also being incredibly tasty! Give it a try and feel free to sub anything according to your preferences.
- 1 cup blanched almonds (blanched is best, sliced would be 2nd choice, chopped would be 3rd choice)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups coconut flakes (unsweetened. I use large flakes, but you can try it with shredded unsweetened if you can’t find anything else.)
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (can sub butter if you don’t like the coconut taste), melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 280 F (140 C) until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
- Let the granola cool completely (this is when it will get crispy)
- Store in a sealed container (for about 1 month).
I usually eat mine with coconut milk yogurt and fresh berries.