This is the third meal in the Freezer Meals series.
- 2 pounds beef chuck or shoulder roast, cut into small or bite-sized pieces
- 4 carrots, loosely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 small or 3 large red potatoes, cubed
- 7 cups beef broth
- Freezer container of your choice. I used 2 gallon-sized freezer bags.
- Combine the beef and herbs/seasonings in one labelled freezer bag:
- Combine all the vegetables in another labelled freezer bag:
- Divide the broth between the two bags and lay flat to freeze. You could also add the broth when cooking, but I was afraid I wouldn’t have beef broth on hand and this is much easier.
- The labelled bags should include the date, recipe name, something like bag 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 so you know they go together, and the cooking instructions.
- The cooking instructions are: thaw then cook in the crock pot on low for 8 hours. I find I can usually just increase the cooking time to 10-12 hours and cook from frozen, but that is a personal preference.
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday for a new Freezer Meal!
Be sure to follow food safety guidelines when freezing and thawing food. Ensuring your freezer is at the proper temperature is one of the most important steps in storing food. You can find more information here if you have any questions.