This is the fifth meal in the Freezer Meals series. The combination of bacon, kale, and eggs is excellent and I think it is always nice to have something in the freezer that can be thawed for a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast.
- 1 Tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 10 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 8×8 inch aluminum pan (the disposable kind) for freezing
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the kale until it is soft.
- Spread the cooked kale out in the pan…
- Sprinkle the bacon on top…
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them with salt and pepper (maybe 1/8 tsp each or however much you think you need).
- Pour the eggs over the kale and bacon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked. It looked delicious, even though I forgot to take a picture of the final product.
- Cool, cover tightly with labelled foil and the plastic lid (if it came with one).
- The label should include the date, recipe name, and the cooking instructions. For this recipe, you just need to thaw the casserole and heat it up. You can cut it into portions and freeze them separately if you want to be able to heat up one or two at a time.
- Also, I would probably make two of these if I had it to do over again (just so you know).
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday for a new Freezer Meal!
Be sure to follow food safety guidelines when freezing and thawing food. Ensuring your freezer is at the proper temperature is one of the most important steps in storing food. You can find more information here if you have any questions.