I wasn’t quite sure what to call this, but it is basically something you can throw together with whatever is in your fridge/pantry in a few minutes. It is less of a recipe and more of a framework, but give it a try!
Here is what I used with alternate suggestions:
- cucumbers quartered and sliced (feel free to use other veggies)
- tomatoes, cut into small pieces (see above)
- diced red onion (spring onions or chives would work, or omit)
- diced feta cheese (could use mozzarella, something else, or skip)
- fresh herbs (I used dill, but basil or oregano would also be good. A pinch of dried herbs would also work.)
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice or a mild vinegar
- A complex carbohydrate of some type (beans or quinoa or similar) could be added also. I had some leftover hummus we made yesterday so I had that on the side.
Again, feel free to toss in whatever you have. Serve alone, on lettuce, or with bread.