I’ve been experimenting lately with trying other morning beverages that aren’t coffee. When I want something more comforting that green tea, this is a great choice. I originally started making this when we lived in Hawaii, before the recent matcha craze. You can find match powder online or in quality supermarkets or Asian stores.
– ½ teaspoon – 1 1/4 teaspoons matcha powder (start small and add more if needed. With better-quality matcha you’ll probably need less. With more milk you’ll probably need more.
– about 2 Tablespoons hot water
– 6-8 oz milk of your choice (I use almond or coconut.)
– pinch cinnamon (optional)
– Place the matcha powder in a small saucepan (or bowl if you want to microwave). Pour over 2 (ish) tablespoons of hot water and whisk until combined. Add in a cup of milk and heat until warm but not boiling. Add a pinch of cinnamon and honey to taste. Different kinds of matcha have different properties; more expensive ones tend to be sweeter, while cheaper ones can be a bit bitter. If you don’t like the bitterness just add more honey. You can also serve this over ice in warmer months.
You can also use matcha powder to make other dishes such as green tea ice cream, smoothies, etc.
While it might seem strange to post a recipe for popcorn, I have several reasons for wanting to share this.
This granola is packed with healthy fats and protein and happens to be grain free, dairy free, low-ish carb, and
Have you tried halloumi? It is a springy cheese that you cook either on the grill or in a pan
The original recipe for this frittata came from Jamie Oliver's fabulous 5 Ingredients: Quick & Easy Food. By the way,
Perhaps a terrible name for a recipe, but I'm not sure that I have something better. It can be thrown
Dominik and I love carnitas. Carnitas is a slow cooked and crispy-ish pork with lots of flavor that you find
Sometime in December I realized I wanted to do something a bit different for 2019. Instead of setting specific goals,
Rarely do I create a recipe I'm impressed with. I just am not the kind of person who enjoys completely