Our upstairs neighbor originally gave us a slice of this cake and I have never tasted anything quite like it. The texture is almost a bit like a moist cornbread, mostly due to the fact that ground hazelnuts make up a large portion of the ingredients. It is fresh and tart and certainly not too sweet- all the characteristics of a good cake in my opinion.
The only problem if you’re in the US is that you’ll need a kitchen scale. You can buy a cheap one on amazon or at Target/Walmart, etc. You’ll need to switch it to grams. If you do that then this cake is as simple as can be.
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 60 grams flour
- a bit of baking powder (maybe 1/4 teaspoon)
- 125g ground hazelnuts
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon, plus more for garnish
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder, combine well.
- Add in the hazelnuts and lemon zest and combine.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and stir well.
- Pour into a greased circular pan or springform pan.
- Bake at 180 C (350 F) for 30-45 minutes. Most pans will take about 35-40 minutes. I use a black springform pan so mine actually took about 25 minutes. You can check it with a toothpick or knife to see if it is ready.
- If you like your cakes a bit sweeter then leave it as is. If you prefer it a bit more tart, then pour/squeeze a bit more fresh lemon juice over the top while it is hot.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I know I just posted a tortilla recipe with sausage a few weeks ago, but I had another one I
I know it sometimes has a bad reputation, but I actually enjoy a good split pea soup. I used to
I didn't really know what else to call this, so here is the scoop: condensed cream soups (cream of mushroom,
First of all, I apologize (again) for the picture quality. I wouldn't be convinced by this picture that the recipe
I don't have a recipe to share with you today, but I do have a few thoughts on the direction
This humble vegetable soup recipe packs a nutritional punch - 12 different vegetables (if you count the garlic) plus white
Stifado is a tasty Greek stew that uses, in this case, beef, tomatoes, shallots, and potatoes. There are many different
In this recipe, a Spanish tortilla is a type of Spanish baked omelet or frittata. This one includes Spanish chorizo,